Setup of SoftActivity Keylogger with Avira Free Antivirus 12
Avira Free Antivirus 12 detects SoftActivity Keylogger as unwanted program TR/Keylog. In fact, there is no virus in SoftActivity Keylogger software. It only does what is declared in its features on the website, i.e. records your kids computer activity with parent’s permission.
To prevent Avira from detecting this threat you will need to exclude SoftActivity Keylogger folder from scans in Avira.
Please follow the steps below to successfully install SoftActivity Keylogger and prevent detection by the antivirus.
1. Temporary disable Realtime Protection. For this open Avira Free Antivirus window (double click Avira icon in system tray or run from Windows Start menu – All Programs – Avira – Start Avira Free Antivirus) and click on the Realtime Protection switch to turn it off:
Then you need to add C:\Windows\syspkgwk folder to all exclusion lists of Avira Free Antivirus
2. Select Extras menu – Configuration :
3. In the appeared Configuration window :
a) Enable Expert mode by clicking on the corresponding control in the left-top corner of the window
b) Select System Scanner – Scan – Exceptions item in PC protection options tree
c) Type C:\Windows\syspkgwk\*.* in the text field on right panel and press Add>> button so this folder appear in exclusion list as illustrated on a screenshot:
d) Select Realtime Protection – Scan – Exceptions in options tree
e) Type C:\Windows\syspkgwk\*.* in the text field on File objects to be omitted by the Realtime Protection panel and press Add>> button so this folder appear in exclusion list as illustrated on a screenshot:
Press OK to apply the settings.
8. Install SoftActivity Keylogger. The monitoring program will not be detected or blocked by Avira Free Antivirus 12
9. Don’t forget to enable Realtime Protection module of the antivirus (see step 1).