Setup of SoftActivity Keylogger with Avast! Free Antivirus 7
Avast! Free Antivirus 7 may detect SoftActivity Keylogger on your computer as Potentially Unwanted Program(PUP) threat. In fact, there is no virus in SoftActivity Keylogger software. It only does what is declared in its features on the website, i.e. records your kids computer activity with parent’s permission.
To prevent Avast! Antivirus from detecting this threat you will need to exclude C:\Windows\syspkgwk folder from scans in Avast.
This article applies only for version 6 or newer of SoftActivity Keylogger. Upgrade to the latest version
Follow the steps below to exclude SoftActivity Keylogger folder from the antivirus and to install the monitoring software . Please note that you should configure Avast exclusions before the monitoring program installation.
2. In the appeared avast! Free Antivirus window click SETTINGS :
3. In avast! SETTINGS dialog select Exclusions page. Add C:\Windows\syspkgwk\* value in the list and press OK button:
4. Select REAL-TIME SHIELDS button in left panel on avast! window and then select File System Shield item below. File System Shield information page will appear. Click Expert Settings button:
5. Select Exclusions page and add C:\Windows\syspkgwk\* value in the list. Check all three boxes are checked for this value:
6. Then select AutoSandbox page on the same FILE SYSTEM SHIELD SETTINGS window. If you have checked on Enable AutoSendbox option, add C:\Windows\syspkgwk\* value in the list of exclusions here and press OK button:
7. Temporary disable AutoSandbox module if it is enabled. Without this step Avast antivirus will not allow SoftActivity Keylogger installation. First select Expert Settings for File System Shield :
8. Then uncheck Enable AutoSandbox option on AutoSandbox page:
9. Now you can run installation of SoftActivity Keylogger. The installation process will not be detected or blocked by Avast antivirus.
10. After the program installed, you can enable AutoSandbox module.
After these steps SoftActivity Keylogger will not be detected or blocked by Avast! Free Antivirus 7.