SoftActivity Monitor 12.0 major update with privacy mode and reports by email
SoftActivity is announcing the release of SoftActivity Monitor version 12.0. It’s a major update of its leading employee monitoring system used by thousands of organizations for protection from insider threats.
SoftActivity now makes it easier to protect employees privacy (such as for GDRP compliance in EU), while still recording all unsafe user activity that helps your organization improve employee productivity and detect insider threats early. Now it also includes admin audit log for improved HIPAA compliance in healthcare industry.
New version 12.0 allows you to prevent recording of:
- personal online banking, password management apps, and other personal info of employees and customers. This can help organizations with GDPR compliance.
- Regulated PHI (personal health information) for health-care industry, for improved HIPAA compliance;
- corporate financial and other sensitive apps;
- credit card numbers entered by employees, for PCI compliance;
- and other sensitive, private or regulated information.
What’s new in version 12.0
- Private apps and websites:
- Admin can create a list of private apps and websites.
- SoftActivity will NOT record screen copies, typed keystrokes and window name for private apps and websites.
- It will only record a fact and duration of usage for private apps.
- Edit Private apps list in Agent Properties – Privacy tab for All Agents or on individual level. By default, it’s populated with popular financial websites and password managers.
- completely new modern UI look with support of Dark Mode (optional):
- switched to x64 architecture for improved performance. Warning! Desktop app does not support x32 Windows editions anymore. Agent still supports both x32- and x64-bit Windows editions.
Note: if you need x32 version of SoftActivity for the admin’s PC, you have to use older version 11.8. SoftActivity recommends to upgrade your computer with a 64-bit edition of Windows, which also supports more than 4GB of RAM
- greatly improved performance of Agent: now uses even less CPU than in previous versions.
- support of the latest versions of web browsers, Windows updates, better compatibility with antivirus products.
- other improvements and fixes.
New in your on-premise web console:
- Scheduled email reports with users activity summary. Admins will receive weekly report in PDF format with last week’s stats. To enable this report go to Edit Account – Email Reports tab;
- Graphical charts added to Dashboard:
- Export reports to PDF from the webapp, including pie charts, and new Attendance report:
- Dashboard: select more than 10 top records to view;
- Filter all reports by time in addition to days interval. Makes it easier to investigate user activity at a particular time of day;
- Ability to turn off screenshots panel at the bottom. If you are not using screenshots, you can now turn off the panel completely;
- Audit Log: view history of web console sign-in and sign-out events, and a log of all changes to the system made by admins and managers. Audit log is stored permanently for a year and cannot be deleted from the webapp. Can be seen only by admins. (Authorization monitoring is a requirement for HIPAA-compliant software);
- Auto sign-out admins and managers after 14 days, for improved security. Session expiration is a requirement for HIPAA-compliant software. Time can be adjusted by setting SA_TOKEN_EXPIRATION_DELTA=xxxx (minutes) in web-env.txt file
- View users for Top Websites and Top Programs. Click an arrow next to any app or website to see which users spent the most time on the website:
- Improved performance: webapp uses less CPU on the server;
- Web console in Spanish. Switch your language at the bottom right corner;
- Other numerous fixes, improvements and optimizations
More about SoftActivity Monitor employee monitoring software
Upgrade your SoftActivity Monitor to the latest version
More about employee monitoring in our comprehensive guide