Many companies are looking towards using employee monitoring software throughout their business so they can keep an eye on their employees and track their activities better. However, implementing such a system can be a lot more complex than it might seem at first. Deploying monitoring software throughout your company will come with numerous benefits, but there are also a few pitfalls that should be avoided.Read More
SoftActivity is glad to announce the release of new version 11.8 of SoftActivity Monitor, its leading computer monitoring software. It’s used by companies to protect against insider threats and improve employees productivity. This new version makes it easier to manage large lists of monitored computers.
Improvements in version 11.8:
- new: multi-select in Agents list. Select multiple computers in the list and drag them to a group or dashboard, delete them, or right click and perform other actions: as assign to a group, send a message, shut down selected computers, etc. This could previously be done only with one Agent at a time.
- new: search in Agents list. Click Search or press Ctrl+F in Agents list.
- new: Agent update is now optional in some releases. For example, current version 11.8 of Monitor supports previous version 11.7 of Agents and does not require an update. (To force update of Agents manually, right click any Agent and click Update/Repair Agent, select Do this for all computers check box)
- fix: incorrect duration displayed in Top Programs and Top Websites in webapp if longer than 24 hours.
- other fixes and improvements
Penetration testing is one of the best ways to find the flaws in your network’s security and figure out what needs to be patched. It is an essential part of any security-minded company’s process and regular security audits are paramount to keeping sensitive data safe.
Luckily, there are a plethora of tools to help get this important job done. A few tools in particular are especially popular among security professionals to help them penetration test their company’s network.Read More
SoftActivity is announcing the release of SoftActivity Monitor version 11.7. Upgrade is recommended to all users
What’s new in version 11.7:
- improved: live screen view now will display a screensaver when it’s active on the remote computer. Previously was showing a blank screen
- improved: screens on live dashboard grayed out when the remote computer is offline
- fixed: error message in Agent during log off on some computers
- other minor fixes and improvements
Cold boot attacks have been a tool that hackers have used to gain access to data for many years now, with the first vulnerability being discovered in 2008. Most of these old vulnerabilities have since been patched, but there is a new one that has recently been discovered and could already be used to steal corporate data.Read More
We have released new version 11.6 of SoftActivity Monitor, a leading user monitoring solution that helps to protect organizations from insider threats.
Product name has now been changed to SoftActivity Monitor from Activity Monitor, in order to be more recognizable and include our brand. It’s a maintenance release that includes a number of important optimizations and fixes. Upgrade is recommended to all users.
What’s new in version 11.6:
- performance improvements and optimizations in Agent
- view attachment names on Email tab in real time monitoring window in the console app;
- minor fixes
TS Monitor 5.6 update also released
We are also announcing the release of new version 5.6 of SoftActivity TS Monitor, our user monitoring solution for terminal servers. It’s a maintenance release with performance optimizations and fixes.
According to the Glassdoor, the average company in the United States spends almost $4,000 to hire a new employee and about 24 days to fill the position.
The costs are many including sourcing candidates (job boards, career fairs, website postings, referral rewards, external recruiters, etc.), screening candidates by telephone and in person, testing (hard and soft skills) plus negotiating an acceptable offer. Add to that the cost of training which is estimated at $1,075 per learner according to the 2017 Training Industry Report and you are looking at a tidy sum to attract, train and retain top talent. If they leave for any reason, you are tasked with repeating this process (and cost) all over again.