January 12th, 2018
SoftActivity announces the release of Activity Monitor new version 11.1, a leading user motioning monitored software for companies and organizations.
New features and improvements in version 11.1:
- new: web console: export Dashboard to HTML with company-wide computer usage statistics;
- new: support of the latest Firefox version 57 for recording of Internet history;
- new: full screen view of screenshots in web console. Previously screenshots were sometimes hard to see on computers with low resolution since an image was small. Click Full Screen button when viewing a screenshot;
- improved: keystrokes are now recorded in Windows Store-type of applications in Windows 10. Previously only desktop applications were recorded.
- improved: user sessions recording for Attendance report is now more reliable. Will record even a previous logon before Agent has been installed. Previously sometimes logons were not recorded. Also shows Remote Client name and IP for RDP sessions;
- improved: web console: long values that don’t fit into a column are now shown in tooltips;
- improved: substantially reduced CPU usage by Activity Monitor Server (SalogSrv service). Previously could use up to 100% CPU in some configurations with a lot of computers;
- fix: web console: list of users and computers on the left side is now correctly sorted;
- fix: web console: email message bodies were not shown on Email tab in IE browser;
- fix: Attendance report: short sessions that are just few minutes long were not displayed;
- fix: ability to install a standalone webapp server component without admin console app;
- other minor improvements and fixes in web console and desktop console application;
September 27th, 2017
SoftActivity is excited to announce a major update of Activity Monitor, a leading user monitoring software for companies. New version 11.0 of Activity Monitor is now officially available.
Now it includes completely new Web Console for viewing logs and reports in a web browser. Admins and supervisors in your organization can easily and securely access logs in any web browser without installing Log Viewer application. Activity Monitor now uses PostgreSQL, a high-performance enterprise-class database server, for storing logs. Performance and storage capacity are now much improved compared to previous versions.
New features and improvements in version 11.0:
- new: SoftActivity Web Console for viewing reports, logs and screenshots in web browser. Web Console features:
- Dashboard with company-wide stats of computer usage: top used programs, websites, most active users, etc.
- track users Attendance. View user sessions daily with log in/log off time, duration, top programs and more;
- access control: accounts for multiple supervisors/managers with limited access only for viewing certain users or groups. Admins can view all users and manage access;
- view screenshots timeline of all actions and browse full size screenshots like a slide show; save a screenshot as .jpg file;
- you can still view all the same reports as previously in Log Viewer application: programs, Internet history, files, email, chat, etc.
- export reports to Excel (CSV) or HTML for further printing or saving as PDF;
- filter the reports by dates, users, user groups or computers;
- search all reports;
- Web console is installed on-premise on a customer’s server (or a computer);
- SoftActivity Log Viewer/Reports desktop application is still included for viewing old logs from previous versions, but now has a legacy status. To view the old database click View menu – Open Legacy Central Log DB. Old data is not automatically transferred to the new web console;
- new: now using PostgreSQL high-performance and free database for storing logs from all computers. Database server is included in Activity Monitor installation package and runs on premise on a customer’s server.
- new: completely new remote installer for Agent that can deploy Agent application to multiple computers at once:
- select computers for installation from Active Directory, network or a list in clipboard;
- quickly and silently deploy Agent on all selected computers with one click and start monitoring them right away;
- Domain Admin or similar user rights are still required for remote installation of Agent;
- view installation progress and detailed error messages with recommendations in case of failed installations;
- imports groups (OU) from Active Directory into Agent list;
- new: integration with SoftActivity TS Monitor for terminal servers. Combine logs from workstations and Terminal servers and view the reports in one place in the new SoftActivity web console. To achieve this point both products to the same database in PostgreSQL;
- new: to improve reliability of recording, Agent’s SamSvc service automatically restarts daily;
- support of latest updates in Windows 10, including Creators Update;
- support of latest versions of Edge and Opera browsers for Internet recording;
- support of Windows Server 2016 by Activity Monitor Server and console;
- fix: sometimes Agent goes offline and connection to the remote computer is lost until restart of the remote computer;
- improved compatibility with antivirus products. Remote installation and update of Agent now use Agent’s folder for extracting temporary files. Previously for some anti-viruses Windows\Temp folder had to be excluded;
- multiple fixes and improvements in reliability and security;
- removed support of legacy Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 by Activity Monitor console. Agent still supports monitoring of Windows XP computers.
- Oct 18, 2017 patch: new build #3718 includes a number of minor fixes and improvements:
- permanently close “monitoring console” warning panel (previously it was reappearing with every restart);
- digital signature error during Agent installation on older versions of Windows, etc.
October 5th, 2016
SoftActivity announces the release of Activity Monitor version 10.5 computer monitoring software used by organizations around the world to improve productivity of their employees.
Improvements in the new version 10.5:
- new: DASHBOARD with live tiles that show screens of remote computers next to each other (Screenshot)
- drag any computers, any group, or <All Agents> from the list to Dashboard to see their screens;
- click any computer on Dashboard to go to full screen monitoring window for detailed monitoring;
- drag Dashboard tab to a separate monitor and constantly keep an eye on all computers, like with a surveillance camera;
- easily scroll the Dashboard to see up to hundreds of computers;
- fix: problems downloading logs from some computers (related to “heartbeat” error in debug log);
- improved: notify the administrator when problems downloading logs by SalogSrv service have been detected in Windows Event Log;
- support of the latest browsers versions;
- other minor fixes and improvements;
July 6th, 2016
SoftActivity announces the release of Activity Monitor version 10.4 computer monitoring software used by organizations around the world to improve productivity of their employees.
Improvements in the new version 10.4:
- improved: update of Agents now should not require computer restart in most cases and should be much faster;
- new: records Rename file operation with the names before and after;
- new: records the source and destination folders for Move file operation;
- improved accuracy of time tracking for visited websites;
- new: notify the administrator when logs are not being downloaded because of SalogSrv service stopped;
- fix: in some cases, mouse pointer was blinking in the monitoring window;
- improved support of computers with host names containing non-English characters;
- new: support of Dutch UI language in Skype;
- fix: Delete file operation was not being recorded on Windows 10;
- fix: sometimes cleanup of old records in Central Log Database did not work;
- removed recording of legacy unsecured POP3/SMTP protocol and chat in Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, ICQ and IRC. Outlook and Skype are still fully supported. This improves the program’s overall stability, performance and compatibility;
- new: added PowerShell scripts to install/uninstall Agent remotely. Look for .ps1 files in Activity Monitor\Agent folder or click Install Agent->Locate Agent Installer. Makes it easier for administrators to manager large deployments of Agents in their Windows Domain.
- improved: switched to using DNS name as a computer name instead of a legacy NetBIOS name limited to 15 characters;
- support of the latest browsers versions;
- other minor fixes and stability improvements;
February 22nd, 2016
SoftActivity announces the release of version 10.3 of its Activity Monitor security software for employees computer monitoring.
Improvements in Activity Monitor 10.3:
- new: redesigned screenshot stamp with user name and date/time that does not cover window caption:
- improved screenshots of mouse clicks. Now records whole window instead of small rectangle around the click point;
- improved Agents update: progress of update is shown on Agent icon; shows notification if the remote computer restart is required to finish updating;
- improved: support of non-English characters in host names of remote computers;
- improved: clean up empty screenshot folders when cleaning up old log;
- fix: possible duplication of Agents in the list;
- new: support of Hungarian language in Skype;
- improved: application files are now digitally signed with SHA256 in addition to SHA1 for improved security;
- support of the latest versions of browsers, IM and email clients;
- other improvements, fixes and security enhancements
October 7th, 2015
We are glad to announce the release of Activity Monitor version 10.2 with full support of Microsoft’s new Window 10. Activity Monitor now records Internet history in new Edge browser, user’s activity in store-style apps and more.
New features in Activity Monitor version 10.2:
- official support of Windows 10, including:
- recording of new Windows Store apps;
- recording of Internet history in new Edge browser;
- improved support of high-DPI monitors and systems with different per-monitor DPI settings
- support of new Outlook 2016 for email recording
- other improvements and fixes
July 28th, 2015
SoftActivity is glad to announce the release of new version 10.1 of Activity Monitor – its leading employee monitoring security solution.
Improvements in version 10.1:
- Tear off a monitoring tab and move it to another monitor, like tabs in popular browsers. You can do this by dragging a tab and dropping it outside the main window. You can also drop the tab inside the main window to split it and display 2 or more computers next to each other (Watch Video);
- Refresh Screen button has been re-added due to requests by our customers. It was previously removed in version 10.0;
- Tested with Windows 10 Preview. Official support is to be announced upon Windows 10 release;
- fix: recording of Outlook on Windows XP machines was broken a few versions ago;
- A number of fixes and stability improvements;