SoftActivity Monitor system requirements
- Desktop computers, laptops or Windows tablets with the following minimum configuration:
- CPU. 2 GHz or more (Recommended: recent Intel® or AMD CPU with 4+ cores).
Note: For SoftActivity Monitor Server machine with a lot of monitored computers, a CPU with as many cores as possible is recommended on a Windows Server OS of the latest version. SoftActivity Monitor is a highly parallel and optimized application that uses multi-core CPUs to the best advantage;
- Operating System. For monitoring console and server (Administrator’s/Supervisor’s PC or Server):
- Microsoft® Windows 11 (new) (recommended), 10, 8 or 7. 64-bit edition only.
*for 32-bit editions of Windows use legacy version 11.8, available to customers upon request.
- Microsoft® Windows Server 2022 (new) (recommended), 2019, 2016, 2012, or 2008R2. 64-bit edition only.
- For accessing SoftActivity Web Console, desktop web browser is recommended: Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari.
- RAM: may use 100 to 500 MB of RAM on the server.
- Hard Drive Space: 1GB or more for the database and screenshots, or at least 200 MB per monitored computer;
- Space for storing screenshots and logs on the server: varies from 10 MB to 4 GB per user per week (on average about 600 MB per user per week ). Frequency of screenshots can be adjusted by the admin (new).
- Administrator can select a retention interval for logs and screenshots in Web console – Admin panel. The system will delete older screenshots and free up space.
For monitored computers. Supported by Agent (SoftActivity client application)
- Microsoft® Windows 11, 10, 8 or 7 are fully supported
- for monitoring computers with Windows Vista we advice using legacy version 12.4;
- for Windows XP -use version 11.2. Legacy versions are available to customers upon request
- 32- and 64-bit editions of Windows are supported
- VDI clients with any of the above Windows version, on most platforms, such as Citrix, or VMware. Install Agent on a VDI image.
- RAM: Agent uses minimal RAM on the monitored computers, on average about 100MB
- Hard Drive Space: 100 MB or more for local cache on the system drive;
- Note: for monitoring user sessions on Windows Server OS, and terminal servers download our SoftActivity TS Monitor
- Note: for Windows 11/10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops (EVD), a multi-session version of Windows client OS, you will need our TS Monitor. Agent will not install on this OS
- Network connection to the monitored computers is required. Recommended: 1Gbps LAN. Wired or Wi-Fi network are supported.
- For monitoring remote workers – VPN connection to the main office.
- View how to deploy SoftActivity Monitor with your network configuration
For database server (for installation of PostgreSQL server for logs storage):
- Version included in SoftActivity installer supports: Windows Server 2022/2019/2016/2012/2008, Windows 11/10/8/7, 32- or 64-bit editions
- PostgreSQL downloaded from https://www.postgresql.org/ : BSD, Linux, Windows, Solaris, Mac OS X
- SoftActivity currently officially supports PostgreSQL version 9.6 or newer