SoftActivity 13.0 major update
SoftActivity is glad to announce the release of new version 13.0, a major update of its employee productivity monitoring software, SoftActivity Monitor and TS Monitor. Organizations also use this software for insider threat detection and time tracking for their employees.
Version 13.0 includes improved security features and fixes in the desktop app and the webapp. Upgrade is recommended to all users to keep their system even more secure.
What’s new in version 13.0
- improved security: switched to TLS 1.3 for network communications, upgraded to the most secure AES_256 cipher from the less secure ones. (Not applicable to TS Monitor).
- fixed security vulnerabilities found in older version of Python 3.8, by switching to Python 3.10.
- fix: support of the most resent versions of Firefox browser for recording web browsing history.
- webapp: automatically delete old computer names with no logs from the list.
- webapp: added seconds to timestamp in reports export.
- webapp server component now requires at least Windows 8.1 or Server 2012 R2. Desktop app still can run on older versions. See system requirements
- other fixes and improvements.
SoftActivity Monitor, for workstations: Upgrade SoftActivity Monitor to the latest version
TS Monitor, for monitoring servers: Upgrade TS Monitor to the latest version
January 17th, 2023