July 5th, 2018
SoftActivity announces the release of the SoftActivity TS Monitor version 5.5 – its user monitoring software for terminal servers.
This version brings new Alerts based on user actions. You can now get an email alert as soon as a user goes to certain websites, opens an undesirable application at work, or breaks other rules set by the company. It means less time spent monitoring, and instead taking action at the right time when it matters. We have also completely redesigned the web console to show more information on a page and made it easier to navigate.
What’s new in version 5.5:
- new: Alerts based on user actions:
- Admin can create a set of alert rules in the web console. If users break a rule, their manager or the admin will get an instant alert;
- A number of useful pre-defined alert rules is supplied with the system, such as social media websites, files copied to USB, etc. so you can start getting some alerts right out of the box, and start adjusting those rules;
* click to enlarge
- Alerts can be based on: visited websites, used applications, typed trigger words (keystrokes), or file operations;
- Alerts are displayed in the web console and optionally can be sent by email. Alert emails are not sent less than 5 minutes apart, to prevent “alert fatigue”. This interval can be adjusted in settings, in order to receive quicker alerts or to get less emails;
* click to enlarge
- In order to start receiving alerts by email, an admin needs to enter SMTP server details in the web console’s Admin Panel. SMTP is used by the system for sending emails securely. Also the admin and managers need to go to Edit Account and enter their name and email address, and make sure “I want to receive alerts by email” check box is on;
- Managers can see what exactly action by a user has triggered an alert and see screenshots of the violation;
- New Alerts page allows you to see all alerts (policy violations) in the system and filter them by users, computers, and days interval.
- new: Complete redesign of the web console with improved user interface:
* click to enlarge
- Fits more information on the screen and is easier to navigate.
- Mobile friendly design: better support of mobile browsers on phones/tablets. View reports on your phone, if it’s connected to the local network, or if your webapp is installed on an Internet facing server and served via HTTPS;
- Watch the demo video of new web console
- improved: reduced storage space requirements on the customer’s server for storing screenshots. IntelliSnap mode now records 20-50% less screenshots, will avoid some duplicates, but without missing any important actions by a user;
- improved: deleting a user in the web console now deletes their screenshots as well to save hard drive space. You can delete a user with all their data in Admin Panel – Monitored Users tab – User
- fix: removed Keystrokes field from CSV format export, since it was breaking CSV format;
- discontinued support of Windows Server 2003. Users with Windows Server 2003 are advised to upgrade to Windows Server 2016 or continue using TS Monitor version 5.3 (the last version that supports Server 2003).
- numerous improvements and fixes
March 21st, 2018
SoftActivity released new version 5.3 of TS Monitor, its user monitoring solution for terminal servers. This is a maintenance release.
What’s new in SoftActivity TS Monitor 5.3:
- new: support of the latest versions of Chrome browser for Internet recording, which stopped working since Chrome v65;
- fix: export to Excel (CSV format) in correct encoding for non-English characters;
- other minor fixes and improvements
January 12th, 2018
SoftActivity is announcing the release of new version 5.2 of SoftActivity TS Monitor, user monitoring software for terminal servers.
Now it’s easier to monitor a farm of terminal server with support of new central configuration file. It also includes multiple improvements listed below.
What’s new in version 5.2:
- new: Central configuration for multiple servers in a farm. Export TS Monitor configuration and apply to other servers during installation in silent mode with no GUI or from command line to an existing installation.
tsmcfg.exe new command line parameters:
- new: web console: export Dashboard to HTML with company-wide computer usage statistics;
- new: support of the latest Firefox version 57 for recording of Internet history;
- new: full screen view of screenshots in web console. Previously screenshots were sometimes hard to see on computers with low resolution since an image was small. Click Full Screen button when viewing a screenshot.
- improved: keystrokes are now recorded in Windows Store-type of applications in Windows 10. Previously only desktop applications were recorded.
- improved: user sessions recording for Attendance report is now more reliable. Will record even a previous logon before Agent has been installed. Previously sometimes logons were not recorded. Also shows Remote Client name and IP for RDP sessions;
- improved: web console: long values that don’t fit into a column are now shown in tooltips;
- improved: substantially reduced CPU usage by Activity Monitor Server (SalogSrv service). Previously could use up to 100% CPU in some configurations with a lot of computers;
- fix: web console: list of users and computers on the left side is now correctly sorted;
- fix: web console: email message bodies were not shown on Email tab in IE browser
- fix: Attendance report: short sessions that are just few minutes long were not displayed;
- fix: ability to install a standalone webapp server component without admin console app;
- other minor improvements and fixes in web console and desktop console application;
September 7th, 2017
SoftActivity is announcing the release of new version 5.1 of its monitoring software for terminal servers SoftActivity TS Monitor. Now administrators can track employees’ attendance by viewing log in on log off time of every session. Improved web console also allows to assign access for multiple supervisors in an organization for different groups of monitored employees, organized by departments. Admin can allow managers to view logs only for their department.
What’s new in version 5.1
- new: Attendance report: view user sessions daily with log in/log off time, duration, top programs, remote client name and IP address, and other session details. Click any session bar to view the details and screenshots filtered only by this session
- new: access control for supervisor accounts in web console. Administrator can grant access to supervisors/managers for viewing logs only for certain users or departments. Admins can view all users
- new: organize monitored users by groups/departments in web console. Filter reports by a group, assign supervisors access to groups. To do this go to the Web console – Admin panel – Monitored User Groups tab. Click Add Group and drag some users into it.
- new: export reports to Excel (CSV format)
- new: export reports to HTML file: for further printing or saving as PDF
- new: Administrators can delete a monitored user from the webapp with all their recorded activity data. See Web console – Admin panel- Monitored Users section
- new: select a number of lines shown in the reports: 20, 50, 100 or more
- numerous minor improvements and fixes
April 17th, 2017
SoftActivity announces the release of major update 5.0 of its TS Monitor enterprise monitoring software for terminal servers. Now it combines logs from multiple servers into one Central Database powered by PostgreSQL and includes a new convenient web console for administrators and supervisors.
What’s new in version 5.0
- new: SoftActivity Webapp for viewing reports, logs and screenshots in browser, combined from multiple servers. The webapp is installed on a customer’s server on-premise or in cloud;
- new: now using PostgreSQL high-performance server database for storing logs from multiple servers. Installed on the customer’s server by SoftActivity installation package;
- new: scalable architecture with components installed on the same or separate servers on-premise: TS Monitor client, SoftActivity Webapp Server, PostgreSQL Database Server. (View architecture diagram)
- new: monitor either a single server or an enterprise terminal server farm;
- new: create accounts in the web console for multiple admins and supervisors to view logs;
- support of latest versions of Opera browsers for Internet recording;
- WARNING: when upgrading from previous versions, old data is not automatically transferred to the new Webapp. To view previously recorded data simply click .salog file in your data directory to open the legacy Log Viewer
- For more details read these new guides:
November 17th, 2016
SoftActivity is glad to announce the release of version 4.2 of its TS Monitor security software for motioning users activity on terminal servers.
What’s new in version 4.2:
- new: support of Microsoft Windows Server® 2016;
- new: to improve stability and reliability of recording, TsmSvc service automatically recycles every night;
- minor improvements and fixes
July 6th, 2016
SoftActivity announces the release of new version 4.1 of its TS Monitor security software used by businesses to record sessions on their terminal servers.
What’s new in version 4.1 of SoftActivity TS Monitor:
- new: installation of update now should not require a reboot of the server in most cases and should be much faster;
- new: records Rename file operation with the names before and after;
- new: records the source and destination folders for Move file operation;
- new: added Spanish user interface language;
- improved accuracy of time tracking for visited websites;
- removed recording of legacy unsecure POP3/SMTP protocol and chat in Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, ICQ and IRC. Outlook and Skype are still fully supported. This improves the program’s overall stability, performance and compatibility;
- new: support of Dutch UI language in Skype;
- minor fixes and improvements;
- TS Monitor is now certified as Citrix® Ready;