March 21st, 2018
SoftActivity released new version 5.3 of TS Monitor, its user monitoring solution for terminal servers. This is a maintenance release.
What’s new in SoftActivity TS Monitor 5.3:
- new: support of the latest versions of Chrome browser for Internet recording, which stopped working since Chrome v65;
- fix: export to Excel (CSV format) in correct encoding for non-English characters;
- other minor fixes and improvements
January 12th, 2018
SoftActivity is announcing the release of new version 5.2 of SoftActivity TS Monitor, user monitoring software for terminal servers.
Now it’s easier to monitor a farm of terminal server with support of new central configuration file. It also includes multiple improvements listed below.
What’s new in version 5.2:
- new: Central configuration for multiple servers in a farm. Export TS Monitor configuration and apply to other servers during installation in silent mode with no GUI or from command line to an existing installation.
tsmcfg.exe new command line parameters:
- new: web console: export Dashboard to HTML with company-wide computer usage statistics;
- new: support of the latest Firefox version 57 for recording of Internet history;
- new: full screen view of screenshots in web console. Previously screenshots were sometimes hard to see on computers with low resolution since an image was small. Click Full Screen button when viewing a screenshot.
- improved: keystrokes are now recorded in Windows Store-type of applications in Windows 10. Previously only desktop applications were recorded.
- improved: user sessions recording for Attendance report is now more reliable. Will record even a previous logon before Agent has been installed. Previously sometimes logons were not recorded. Also shows Remote Client name and IP for RDP sessions;
- improved: web console: long values that don’t fit into a column are now shown in tooltips;
- improved: substantially reduced CPU usage by Activity Monitor Server (SalogSrv service). Previously could use up to 100% CPU in some configurations with a lot of computers;
- fix: web console: list of users and computers on the left side is now correctly sorted;
- fix: web console: email message bodies were not shown on Email tab in IE browser
- fix: Attendance report: short sessions that are just few minutes long were not displayed;
- fix: ability to install a standalone webapp server component without admin console app;
- other minor improvements and fixes in web console and desktop console application;
September 7th, 2017
April 17th, 2017
SoftActivity announces the release of major update 5.0 of its TS Monitor enterprise monitoring software for terminal servers. Now it combines logs from multiple servers into one Central Database powered by PostgreSQL and includes a new convenient web console for administrators and supervisors.
What’s new in version 5.0
- new: SoftActivity Webapp for viewing reports, logs and screenshots in browser, combined from multiple servers. The webapp is installed on a customer’s server on-premise or in cloud;
- new: now using PostgreSQL high-performance server database for storing logs from multiple servers. Installed on the customer’s server by SoftActivity installation package;
- new: scalable architecture with components installed on the same or separate servers on-premise: TS Monitor client, SoftActivity Webapp Server, PostgreSQL Database Server. (View architecture diagram)
- new: monitor either a single server or an enterprise terminal server farm;
- new: create accounts in the web console for multiple admins and supervisors to view logs;
- support of latest versions of Opera browsers for Internet recording;
- WARNING: when upgrading from previous versions, old data is not automatically transferred to the new Webapp. To view previously recorded data simply click .salog file in your data directory to open the legacy Log Viewer
- For more details read these new guides:
November 17th, 2016
SoftActivity is glad to announce the release of version 4.2 of its TS Monitor security software for motioning users activity on terminal servers.
What’s new in version 4.2:
- new: support of Microsoft Windows Server® 2016;
- new: to improve stability and reliability of recording, TsmSvc service automatically recycles every night;
- minor improvements and fixes
July 6th, 2016
SoftActivity announces the release of new version 4.1 of its TS Monitor security software used by businesses to record sessions on their terminal servers.
What’s new in version 4.1 of SoftActivity TS Monitor:
- new: installation of update now should not require a reboot of the server in most cases and should be much faster;
- new: records Rename file operation with the names before and after;
- new: records the source and destination folders for Move file operation;
- new: added Spanish user interface language;
- improved accuracy of time tracking for visited websites;
- removed recording of legacy unsecure POP3/SMTP protocol and chat in Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, ICQ and IRC. Outlook and Skype are still fully supported. This improves the program’s overall stability, performance and compatibility;
- new: support of Dutch UI language in Skype;
- minor fixes and improvements;
- TS Monitor is now certified as Citrix® Ready;
March 9th, 2016
SoftActivity announces the release of new version 4.0 of its TS Monitor product. SoftActivity™ TS Monitor is security software used by companies and organizations worldwide to record sessions on their terminal servers and monitoring users activity.
What’s new in version 4.0 of SoftActivity TS Monitor:
- redesigned screenshot stamp with user name and date/time that does not cover window caption:
- improved screenshots of mouse clicks. Now records whole window instead of just a small rectangle around the click point;
- improved: Log Viewer does not require Administrator rights anymore. To allow a non-administrator user to view logs on the server, assign Read access permissions for the database folder;
- improved: clean up empty screenshot folders when cleaning up old log;
- improved: application files are now digitally signed with SHA256 in addition to SHA1 for improved security;
- improved accuracy of time tracking for visited websites;
- support of new Outlook 2016 for email recording;
- fix: sometimes user licenses where temporary lost (until service restart) in case user sessions were terminated on the server;
- support of the latest browser versions and Windows Server updates;
- new: support of Hungarian language in Skype;
- other improvements and fixes