SoftActivity TS Monitor System Requirements
For monitored servers (install TS Monitor client):
- Intel® Xeon, Pentium, AMD or any CPU that can run Windows Server specified below
- (new) Microsoft Windows Server® 2019, or
Microsoft Windows Server® 2016, or
Microsoft Windows Server® 2012 (or R2), or
Microsoft Windows Server® 2008 (or R2).
64-bit editions only.
- RAM: 512MB or more for the server. TS Monitor uses minimal RAM, about 10-30MB per recorded session.
- Hard Drive Space:
- 150 MB for installation
- 200+ MB per monitored user account
- Space used for storing screenshots on the server: varies from 50MB to 400MB per user per 8-hour working day (on average about 150MB), depending on screen resolution, work intensity, recording settings, and other factors.
- Administrator can select a retention interval for logs in Web console – Admin panel. The system will delete older screenshots and free up space.
- Citrix® XenApp™ 7.5, 7.6, 7.8 is supported (but not required). SoftActivity TS Monitor is certified as Citrix Ready. TS Monitor supports Citrix server farms (how to setup with Citrix XenApp™ farm)
- Remote Desktop Services (known as Windows Terminal Services before Server 2008 R2) are supported (but not required). SoftActivity™ TS Monitor can record local and remote terminal sessions on the servers.
For SoftActivity Webapp server (for running the web console):
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 or 2008. 64-bit editions only.
- Ubuntu: installation package of SoftActivity Webapp is available by special requests from customers.
- For accessing SoftActivity Web Console, desktop web browser is recommended, such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE11+, Safari.
Database server (for installation of PostgreSQL server software for storing SoftActivity logs):
- Version included in SoftActivity installer supports: Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 or 2008. 32- or 64-bit editions.
- Downloaded from https://www.postgresql.org/ : BSD, Linux, Windows, Solaris, Mac OS X
- SoftActivity currently supports PostgreSQL version 9.5 and 9.6