SoftActivity TS Monitor System Requirements
For monitored servers (install TS Monitor client):
- CPU. Intel® Xeon, Pentium, AMD or any CPU that can run Windows Server specified below.
- (new) Microsoft Windows Server® 2019, or
Microsoft Windows Server® 2016, or
Microsoft Windows Server® 2012 (or R2), or
Microsoft Windows Server® 2008 R2.
64-bit editions only.
* for Windows Server 2008, pre-R2, we advice using legacy version 6.4 that is available to customers upon request.
- (new) Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops (EVD). New multi-session version of Windows 10 client OS, hosted in Azure. More details. Read the FAQ about Windows 10 Enterprise multi-session here
- RAM: 512MB or more for the server. TS Monitor uses minimal RAM, about 50MB per recorded session.
- Hard Drive Space:
- 300 MB for installation
- 200+ MB per monitored user account
- Space for screenshots on the server: varies from 10 MB to 4 GB per user per week (on average about 600 MB per user per week), depending on screen resolution and work intensity. Frequency of screenshots can be adjusted by the admin (new).
- Administrator can select a retention interval for logs in Web console – Admin panel. The system will delete older screenshots and free up space.
- Citrix® Virtual Apps, XenApp™ 7.5, 7.6, 7.8 are supported (but not required). SoftActivity TS Monitor is certified as Citrix Ready. TS Monitor supports Citrix server farms (how to setup with Citrix XenApp™ farm)
- Remote Desktop Services (known as Windows Terminal Services before Server 2008 R2) are supported (but not required). SoftActivity™ TS Monitor can record local and remote terminal sessions on the servers.
For SoftActivity Webapp server (for running the web console):
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 or 2008. 64-bit editions only.
- For accessing SoftActivity Web Console, desktop web browser is recommended: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE11, or Safari.
Database server (for installation of PostgreSQL server software for storing SoftActivity logs):
- Version included in SoftActivity installer supports: Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 or 2008. 32- or 64-bit editions.
- Version downloaded from https://www.postgresql.org/ : BSD, Linux, Windows, Solaris, Mac OS X
- SoftActivity currently supports PostgreSQL version 9.6 or newer