Activity Monitor 11.5 released with Alerts
We at SoftActivity are excited to announce the release of Activity Monitor new version 11.5 that we’ve been working hard on. Activity Monitor is a leading user motioning software used by organizations around the world to combat insider threats and improve their employees’ productivity.
With this major update, you can now get an alert as soon as a user goes to certain websites, opens an application that is not allowed at work, or breaks other rules set by the company. It means less time spent monitoring, and instead taking action at the right time when it matters. We have also completely redesigned SoftActivity web console to fit in more information and made it easier to navigate.
What’s new in version 11.5:
- new: Alerts triggered by user actions:
- Admin can create a set of alert rules in the web console. If a user breaks a rule, their manager or the admin will get an instant alert;
- A number of useful pre-defined alert rules are supplied with the system, such as social media websites, files copied to USB, so you can start getting some alerts right out of the box, and start adjusting those rules;
* click to enlarge
- Alerts can be based on: visited websites, used applications, typed trigger words (keystrokes), or file operations;
- Alerts are displayed in the web console and optionally can be sent by email. Alert emails are not sent less than 5 minutes apart, to prevent “alert fatigue”. This interval can be adjusted in settings, in order to receive quicker alerts or to get less emails;
* click to enlarge
- In order to start receiving alerts by email, an admin needs to enter SMTP server details in the web console’s Admin Panel. SMTP is used by the system for sending emails securely. Also the admin and managers need to go to Edit Account and enter their name and email address, and make sure “I want to receive alerts by email” check box is on;
- Managers can see what exactly action by a user has triggered an alert and see screenshots of the violation;
- New Alerts page allows you to see all alerts (policy violations) in the system and filter them by users, computers, and days interval.
- new: Complete redesign of the web console with improved user interface:
* click to enlarge
- Fits more information on the screen and is easier to navigate.
- Mobile friendly design: better support of mobile browsers on phones/tablets. View reports on your phone, if it’s connected to the local network, or if your webapp is installed on an Internet facing server and served via HTTPS;
- Watch the demo video of new web console
- improved: reduced storage space requirements on the customer’s server for storing screenshots. IntelliSnap mode now records 20-50% less screenshots, will avoid some duplicates, but without missing any important actions by a user;
- improved: deleting a user in the web console now deletes their screenshots as well to save hard drive space. You can delete a user with all their data in Admin Panel – Monitored Users tab – User
- improved: support of slow network speed for connection with Agent, down to 8KB/s or slower, that may be the case for remote users connected via VPN. Previously slow connections could be dropped and it would not download logs;
- uninstaller: added option to remove the data folder, in order to free drive space;
- improved: show correct icon and application name for Windows Store Apps;
- fix: removed Keystrokes field from CSV format export, since it was breaking CSV format;
- numerous improvements and fixes
- discontinued support of Windows XP by Agent. Users with Windows XP are advised to upgrade to Windows 10 or continue using Activity Monitor version 11.2 (the last version that supports it).
Read more about Activity Monitor user monitoring software
Upgrade your Activity Monitor to the latest version