SoftActivity new version 12.6 with Users Dashboard
We are glad to announce the release of new version 12.6 of its leading user monitoring applications SoftActivity Monitor and TS Monitor. SoftActivity is used by thousands of organizations for employee productivity tracking and protection against insider threats.
This upgrade will make it easier to monitor users in almost real time mode in web console, without installing the desktop Monitor app for the managers. This can also be done in TS Monitor now.
This upgrade is recommended to our all customers.
What’s new in version 12.6:
- new Users Dashboard view in web console:
- see all monitored users next to each other with the remote screen image, latest website and app.
- it is similar to Dashboard view in Monitor desktop app, but this does not require installing the app.
- screens update close to real time, with around 1 min delay, depending on how often you set to take screenshots.
- does not require refreshing the web page manually.
- filter users by a group, last active time, name, and signed-in status.
- TS Monitor 12.6 has now switched version numbering to the same as Monitor, to better indicate inter-compatible versions. TS Monitor version prior to 12.6 was 6.5.
- download multiple selected screenshots. Can be used to keep a copy of images as evidence, or for reporting purposes.
- improved quality and increased size of thumbnail images for screenshots.
- fix: PDF export of Attendance report filtered by a group did not work.
- fix: alerts counter will update in real time and a popup notifications should appear in browser for alerts.
- fix: errors on Top programs (now Applications) & Top websites (now Websites) views.
- numerous UI improvements in web console.
- new command line option to force run cleanup of logs and screenshot files older than a set retention interval:
- Keylogger (keystrokes recording option) is now OFF by default for new installations to help protect users’ privacy. It can be enabled by the admin in Monitor app if your organization requires this.
- Chat recording feature has been removed from the product since it only supported Skype, which is not widely used on business desktop computers anymore. Chat history in any messengers can be viewed on screenshots in web console – Applications view. Chat view still remains in web console to view old messages, and will be removed in the next version.
- Other fixes and improvements
SoftActivity Monitor, for workstations: Upgrade SoftActivity Monitor to the latest version
TS Monitor, for monitoring servers: Upgrade TS Monitor to the latest version