- fixed: remote Agent installation was in some cases installing Agent of previous version causing this error in Activity Monitor: Agent of old version is found on the computer XXX
- improved: faster start of Agent service SamSvc
- fixed: on computers with imaged systems Agent ID was not unique resulting in duplicating of computers in Activity Monitor’s list
- fixed: sometimes error 0xC000041 appeared on Win XP computers with Agent during system shutdown
- new: secure connection between Monitor and Agents using SSL. All monitoring data is securely encrypted for network transfer
- new: redesigned architecture that makes the software more reliable, secure, scalable, and easier to add new features in future
- new: more than one Monitor can connect to the same Agent computer and simultaneously watch activity in real time
- new: connect to a remote computer when no user is logged on. Screen tab will show a logon screen. You can use such commands as Turn Off, Restart Computer, Transfer Files from Agent, Change password
- new: download logs when no user is logged on to monitored computers. If a user logs off from Windows at the end of a day before leaving, Monitor can still collect logs and screenshots
- new: filter in Agents list view: Show Only Online Agents/Only Offline/Show All
- new: improved reliability of Agent service. If monitoring process stops due to crash it will restart automatically and monitoring continues
- new: full usage of multi-core capabilities of modern CPUs for improved performance and UI responsiveness
- new: Agent uses less memory (RAM) and CPU resources
- new: Agent uses only one TCP port #15163 and one UDP port #15164 for communications. This makes it easier to setup firewall exceptions. In firewall rule for Agent allow all network activity for amsvc.exe process. Such rule is created automatically in Windows Firewall during setup
- new: support of Google Chrome browser for Internet monitoring
- new: collecting recordings in Activity Monitor from remote computers silently in background without popping up Download progress window
- new: uninstall Agent remotely on any OS and not dependent on what user is logged on
- new: support of Windows 7
- new: view user activity in remote desktop (RDP) sessions on the monitored computer. This means you can now monitor even when user logs in to his office computer remotely from home.
- new: monitored users can not see files with recordings. There are no access rights to files with recordings that are temporarily kept on their computers
- new: Licensing change: now the license is required also for computers where monitoring part of the software is installed, i.e. for manager’s PC. For example, to monitor 10 employee computers by 2 managers from their computers an organization needs 12 computers license
fix: TsmSvc service crashed on some systems
- fix: on some computers caused connection errors in Outlook to MS Exchange server
- fix: user log-on and log-off events where not recorded
- fix: several minor fixes
- new: added support of Windows Server 2003 x64. Now supports all x32 and x64 editions of Server 2003/2008
- fix: some users from domain where not recorded
- fix: after installation sometimes following error appeared: error in RPC communication with domain controller.
- fix: sometimes caused no connection error in MS Outlook with Exchange server
- Initial release
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada – June 2, 2009 – Deep Software Inc. today announced the release of SoftActivity TS Monitor, a comprehensive solution that enables administrators to monitor user activity in Windows Terminal Server sessions.
The threat of attack from insiders is both real and substantial. According to a study conducted by the United States Secret Service and CERT, 32% of all electronic crimes in which the perpetrator could be identified were committed by insiders. Additionally, companies must contend with an increasing volume of legislation which requires that they take action to protect the data that their networks hold against unauthorized disclosure. Preventing outsiders from accessing that data is relatively straightforward, but preventing insiders from accessing and disclosing it can be far from straightforward.
“While it is reasonably easy for a company to secure its network against external threats, securing it against internal threats can be much more challenging,” said Yuri Martsinovsky, CEO of Deep Software. “Security is only as strong as the weakest link and, in many cases, the weakest link is the lack of control which companies have over the actions of their employees. While firewalls and intrusion prevention and detection systems can stop outsiders accessing your data, they cannot stop insiders passing your data to outsiders.”
SoftActivity TS Monitor has an extensive set of logging and report options that help companies mitigate insider threats:
TS Monitor logs every action performed by local and remote users during Terminal Server sessions. The product records
- Screenshots of user actions
- Used applications
- Sent and received email
- Web browsing history
- Both sides of IM conversations
- And more
TS Monitor enables administrators and managers to:
- View detailed reports on the server usage
- See when users logged on and log off the server
- View a list of the most used applications and visited websites
- See exactly what was typed in any application
- Replay a slideshow of user actions
TS Monitor compliments Deep Software’s Activity Monitor, a solution that enables managers and administrators to monitor employee workstations on a LAN. With TS Monitor, companies can now also record their Terminal Server’s usage. SoftActivity TS Monitor supports Windows Server 2003, 2008 and Citrix.
Pricing and Availability
TS Monitor is available now. Pricing is dependent on number of monitored users and decreases with volume – a 10 user license costs $449.90. Licenses include 1 year of updates and unlimited technical support.
About Deep Software Inc.
Based in New Westminster, BC, Canada, Deep Software Inc. specializes in the development of industry-leading security and web analytics solutions for government agencies, large enterprises, small and medium-sized businesses, as well as home PC users.
For more information and to obtain a free trial version of SoftActivity TS Monitor, please visit https://www.softactivity.com/softactivity-ts-monitor/