Have you ever lost profits or confidential information due to Internet abuse? Do you have reasonable suspicion that some of your employees fail in their duties? Having total control over your local network is a good chance to know whether you are correct or not and eliminate Internet abuse at the office. With feature-rich staff Internet use monitoring software from SoftActivity, you can have your hand on the pulse of what is going on in your LAN that will allow you to know what your employees do when they are supposed to work.Read More
The Internet abuse in the workplace presents a significant risk for employers costing them hours of company’s productivity and important information leakage. Wouldn’t it be nice if you can monitor Internet usage in LAN and see what your employees are doing when they are supposed to work? SoftActivity is ready to offer you such a splendid opportunity! Take advantage of our powerful LAN monitoring tool and monitor office computers activity remotely from a single administrator’s PC.Read More
If you have Norton 360 installed, it may detect and delete Activity Monitor and Agent. To avoid this you need to setup exclusions in Norton 360. It will then ignore presence of Activity Monitor and allow monitoring of computers in your office network. Following steps below add these Signature Exclusions in Antivirus Settings in Norton 360:
You need to do it on computers where you are planning to install Activity Monitor and Agent before the installation. If you add exclusions after installation, you may need to reinstall Activity Monitor again, as it could be already damaged by the antivirus.
UPDATE (Sept 2012): Since version 7.0 of Activity Monitor exclude this folder on monitored computers: C:\Windows\sysnchrb
You may also need to create a Firewall Rule for Activity Monitor and Agent.
Antivirus exclusions for Activity Monitor and Agent in Norton 360
1.Open Norton 360 main window. Click Settings:
Norton Antivirus will report presence and delete SoftActivity Monitor software and Activity Monitor Agent . You can still install Activity Monitor on your company’s computers to monitor employees if you are authorized to do so. You will to add a few excludes in Norton Antivirus.
1. Open Norton Antivirus main window and click Settings in Computer panel:
SoftActivity introduces online update system for registered users of Activity Monitor. This system enables our customers to download new version of Activity Monitor software online on our website.
It requests for user’s full name, email and the registration key that was used to activate the software. It allows then to download newest version of Activity Monitor software. You will also see expiration date of your subscription to updates and support.
If your updates and support subscription has expired the system will offer an easy option to renew your subscription for 1 more year.
Registered users of Activity Monitor: Check Subscription and Download the Latest Version
- new: secure connection between Monitor and Agents using SSL. All monitoring data is securely encrypted for network transfer
- new: redesigned architecture that makes the software more reliable, secure, scalable, and easier to add new features in future
- new: more than one Monitor can connect to the same Agent computer and simultaneously watch activity in real time
- new: connect to a remote computer when no user is logged on. Screen tab will show a logon screen. You can use such commands as Turn Off, Restart Computer, Transfer Files from Agent, Change password
- new: download logs when no user is logged on to monitored computers. If a user logs off from Windows at the end of a day before leaving, Monitor can still collect logs and screenshots
- new: filter in Agents list view: Show Only Online Agents/Only Offline/Show All
- new: improved reliability of Agent service. If monitoring process stops due to crash it will restart automatically and monitoring continues
- new: full usage of multi-core capabilities of modern CPUs for improved performance and UI responsiveness
- new: Agent uses less memory (RAM) and CPU resources
- new: Agent uses only one TCP port #15163 and one UDP port #15164 for communications. This makes it easier to setup firewall exceptions. In firewall rule for Agent allow all network activity for amsvc.exe process. Such rule is created automatically in Windows Firewall during setup
- new: support of Google Chrome browser for Internet monitoring
- new: collecting recordings in Activity Monitor from remote computers silently in background without popping up Download progress window
- new: uninstall Agent remotely on any OS and not dependent on what user is logged on
- new: support of Windows 7
- new: view user activity in remote desktop (RDP) sessions on the monitored computer. This means you can now monitor even when user logs in to his office computer remotely from home.
- new: monitored users can not see files with recordings. There are no access rights to files with recordings that are temporarily kept on their computers
- new: Licensing change: now the license is required also for computers where monitoring part of the software is installed, i.e. for manager’s PC. For example, to monitor 10 employee computers by 2 managers from their computers an organization needs 12 computers license
Deep Software has released Activity Monitor version 4.41. This is a maintenance release that includes several important issues fixed. Update is recommended to all customers.
Most changes are made on Agent side, that requires re-installation of Agents on client computers. But Monitor from 4.41 version is compatible with Agents 4.4 and vise versa
Changes in Activity Monitor version 4.41:
- fixed: sometimes user actions were not recorded after fast user switching on Windows XP
- fixed: incorrect fields shown in the bottom part on Email tab in Reports Viewer
- fixed: Agent Description field was always getting replaced with computer name
- fixed: Computers could show up as offline in some situations in a network with Windows Domain
- fixed: Agent Log not recording on computers with international versions of Windows containing non-English characters in “Application Data” folder name
- fixed: Agent log not recording if no Agent password is set