July 28th, 2015
SoftActivity is glad to announce the release of new version 10.1 of Activity Monitor – its leading employee monitoring security solution.
Improvements in version 10.1:
- Tear off a monitoring tab and move it to another monitor, like tabs in popular browsers. You can do this by dragging a tab and dropping it outside the main window. You can also drop the tab inside the main window to split it and display 2 or more computers next to each other (Watch Video);
- Refresh Screen button has been re-added due to requests by our customers. It was previously removed in version 10.0;
- Tested with Windows 10 Preview. Official support is to be announced upon Windows 10 release;
- fix: recording of Outlook on Windows XP machines was broken a few versions ago;
- A number of fixes and stability improvements;
July 27th, 2015
It’s almost like a natural law: let kids use computers and they will get into some kind of trouble. Playing video games after the homework is done? Probably fine. Playing those games at any time of the day or night and watching their grades slip? Not so much. “I like to be able to control the amount of time my son uses certain applications,” says Jillian Darlington, CEO of the MomCo App, illustrating the common problem. “If I didn’t have this control, it can get out of hand and he could play video games for countless hours. I am glad that there are options like this out there for busy parents like me.”
July 20th, 2015
Companies have rights, such as being able to ensure that their employees are performing the work they’re being paid to do. They have the right to take measures to protect their ‘secret sauce’ or intellectual property. That said, employees working in a company have a reasonable expectation of privacy. How does that square with companies using employee monitoring software?
July 13th, 2015
Photo Credit: Pedro Figueiredo
If your employees aren’t being productive at work, maybe the problem isn’t starting with them. Maybe it’s your management style. No offense, but we often find that our customers start looking for an employee monitoring solution before they’ve dealt with longstanding internal management issues that have soured the workplace for far too long.
July 6th, 2015
Photo Credit: Simple REV
You’re looking at an employee computer monitoring solution because you’re just not getting a good level of productivity out of your people. Instead of doing their work on your computers, they’re leveling up as panda shamans in MMO games or updating their social network. Computer monitoring is part of the solution – but if you want your workers to be their best, you need to run your office in the right way. We chatted with renowned productivity coach Mike Vardy of The Productivityist about how to achieve that:
July 3rd, 2015
We are glad to announce the release of new version 8.0 of our leading monitoring software for home use SoftActivity Keylogger.
Improvements in version 8.0:
- support of Windows 10 Preview
- support of recent versions of browsers and IM/chat clients
- improved compatibility with recent antivirus databases
- minor fixes and improvements
June 29th, 2015
Photo Credit: Laura
The NHL hockey playoffs had just begun when our customers were already sharing colorful anecdotes with us about how our employee monitoring solution was helping them maintain a shutout on wasted time. There’s nothing wrong with being a hockey fan – heck, include us in that lot. But if you want to check the scores after work, that’s probably a better strategy than tweeting about your hero’s hat trick while you’re supposed to be productive at your desktop.